Pages

Sunday 18 December 2011

Beauty Fix: Smooth as Silk


Wow, what a couple of weeks. I have been snowed, thankfully in the non-literal sense, with work and home stuff. Today I have finally had time to sit down and tell you about Corn Silk, which I was sent to review!

The 1960s - just think The Beatles, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Mary Quant and Edie Sedgwick. I think the 60s was such a stylish era, and I can't see a better way to celebrate it that carrying around a Corn Silk compact in my bag.

Although the name is decidedly unsexy, everything else about this product is really stylish. I love the cute gold-detailed vintage-style case, and the fact that, unlike many pressed powders, it has a handy mirror. The powers that be have told me the Aimee Adams, who is a make up artist to likes of Fearne Cotton, Pixie Lott and even the X-Factor girls, uses Corn Silk. She said: "I recommend Corn Silk for getting make-up to stay in place and give you a flawless complexion...the only face powder I use on my famous faces!"

I was surprised to learn that Corn Silk only comes in one 'colour' - so although it looks peachy in the compact, it is actually translucent when applied - which saves spending 40 minutes in Boots trying 31 shades on various bits of your body.


Corn Silk has quite a 'classic' floral smell, in fact, it smells like something my grandmother would have worn. It might not be the most 21st Century scent, but I quite like it - it make be feel like a laydeee!

I found this powder left my face shine free for most of the day, and didn't clog up my pores, so no cakey-face here! Most of all I really really impressed by the price: (from) £7.40. At the same pricing level as most decent high-street brands, but with a superior quality  - I honestly think I've found a new favourite.

Corn Silk is available at Boots & other leading pharmacies.

Have you ever tried Corn Silk?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.