Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Stash of Goodies



I was really spoilt this Christmas so I thought I'd show you some of my fabulous loot, aka presents, from my lovely friends and family! I've just included fashiony things as you probably aren't quite as interested in the awesome coasters, pretty picture frame or fun board game I got. No doubt you'll see some of this little lot in 'What I Wore' posts to come, so consider this a preview.

Above, left-to-right:
♥ Very cool reindeer PJs from my sister, Han. I got two sets of festive PJs this year, the other pair I was probably wearing when I took this photo. Something you should know about me, I love my pyjamas.
♥ Slipper boots from my Uncle Andy. Being dying for some new slippers for ages and these have barely left my feet since Christmas morning.
♥ Red jumper from my sister, Han. This is a Primarni number and as soon as I saw it I wanted it, rather a lot. Sadly they didn't have my size in my nearest store so Han bought this for me while she was a uni as part of my present. Luuuurve big cosy jumpers.
♥ Woolly hat from friend Lizzie. How cute is this hat? I am definitely a hat wearer in the winter and have worn this loads already, it goes with every coat I own.
♥ Matthew Williamson Butterfly for Debenhams jacket, from my friend Freya. Fits like a dream and has the coolest psychedelic patterned lining, it is very me!
♥ I forgot to take a photo of the gorgeous navy cardi James's folks got me for Christmas - it is so snuggly and perfect. And as for the reason there isn't a photo? I have worn it so much, it is in the wash!

 


Some more stylish things to wear...

Above, top-to-bottom, left-to-right:
♥ Dress, from my mum and dad. This 60s style dress from River Island will be great for the office, and I think because it is plain, I'll be able to wear it with lots of different accessories to get lots of use out of it.
♥ OPI nail polishes, from my friend Katie. I've not really used OPI before so I'm looking forward to giving these a try, it says on the box that the kit includes two 'Muppets' shades, 'Animal-istic' and 'Gettin' Miss Piggy With It', plus a toe divider. On closer inspection 'Gettin' Miss Piggy With It' is the super sparkly shade, but the other is a shade called 'Got The Blues For Red', not 'Animal-istic', which is a bit strange. Regardless - I actually really like this replacement shade - as I wear a lot of red nail polish.
♥ Vogue necklace, from my fella, James. This quirky bit of jewellery is a handmade piece James found on the internet, the resourceful chap. I like that I am unlikely to see many other people wearing it, which I'm sure is one of the reasons he chose it.
♥ Bangle from friend Katie. I love the smokey effect in this bangle from Accessorize, plus it is plastic, which means, unlike some of my other bangles, I won't end up with a green arm after wearing - bit of a bonus!



And finally some reading material...

I got loads of books for Christmas, but I thought these two might be of particular interest here:
♥ Fifty Dresses that Changed the World, from the Design Museum, from my mum and dad. This beautiful book is an ode to the dress and has some fantastic pictures, I love things like this, that show how fashion has evolved.
♥ How to Make Jewellery with Tatty Devine, from my friend Steph. A truly inspired gift from my friend Steph, who, quite correctly, figured out I love Tatty Devine, but can't afford to buy anything from them, the solution: make my own. This has totally inspired me to get crafty and make some jewellery for myself this year - I'll let you know how I get on!

What did everyone else get for Christmas? Did Santa treat you well?



1 comment:

  1. I love the vogue necklace, what a clever boy you have xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.